- Wixom, Michigan
- Salary: $70,000.00 to $80,000.00 /year
Magswitch Technology is an international leader in switchable magnetic technology. From initial development, design and engineering to manufacturing, final delivery and distribution, Magswitch has paved the way for innovation in multiple industries across the globe. Magswitch has evolved from manufacturing magnetic tools to engineering innovative technology to increase safety, productivity and speed in industries such as automation, welding, fabrication, manufacturing, heavy industry, shipbuilding and woodworking.
Magswitch is looking for a well-rounded automation engineer with experience within the automotive industry to facilitate the transition to electric automation products.
Job responsibilities will include;
· writing code for PLCs and internal product configuration,
· working with customers to plan and troubleshoot automation controls pertaining to Magswitch products,
· collaborate with new product development team on best practices in automation electrical design, and
· documenting technical information for customer spec sheets.
· Domestic and international Travel will be required to customer sites and Colorado HQ when necessary.
· Must understand automation processes, process timing, and control architecture with field debugging experience
· More than competent in ethernet and fieldbus communication protocols (E/IP, Profinet, EtherCAT, I/O Link, CANopen)
· Firm grasp of core coding principles and ladder logic
· Proficient in multiple programming languages (Python, C, others)
· Experience with multiple PLC platforms (Allen-Bradley, Turck, others)
· Ability to program robots (Kawasaki preferred)
· Willing to travel up to 50% and ability to obtain a passport
· SolidWorks capability is highly preferred but not required
· 401K Matching
· A variety of fully and partially subsidized Medical plans
· Fully subsidized basic Life and Disability Insurance
· Voluntary Dental, Vision and Life plans
· HSA and FSA plans
· PTO and MLFC