Business Development Associate
- Lafayette, CO 80026
- Salary: $35,000.00 to $50,000.00 /year
Job Purpose: To progress to a position with responsibility to Drive Sales of Manual Magswitch products in the North American market through Major Account Management and Product
Training. This is an entry level developmental career position where the successful candidate will be given broad training and promoted through the ranks as skills are mastered and results achieved. The initial three months will be dealing with Customer service for sales, enquiries and developing an understanding of Salesforce CRM system and account management. By assisting the VP of Business Development, the applicant will develop involvement with Major (Golden) customer accounts.
This is mainly an office-based position however, up to 15% travel may be required.
· Drive sales of Magswitch products, firstly through general customer sales enquiries, small accounts and progressing to Major account development and management.
· Develop the Magswitch knowledge base with wholesale and distributor sales representatives
· Answer incoming customer calls and inquiries as required
· Support our direct distribution customers and their field teams by communicating regularly and providing relevant technical information, quotes, promotions etc.
· assist with custom product applications, including coordinating with engineering and quoting projects/custom solutions
· Cultivating Preferred Partner relationships along with other distributors and wholesalers
· Assist other Magswitch sales people with designs and solutions of lifting applications
· Help identify new channels and develop sales programs for these channels that can be replicated by other Magswitch sales people as well as wholesale and distributor sales people
· Provide product feedback to product management and engineering in order to drive continuous improvement
· Collaborate with Marketing on development of selling tools and quarterly promotions
Outside Field Support/Training/Tradeshows:
· Make end-user calls as needed with distributors and independent rep agencies as needed gaining field knowledge
· Implement training programs customized to meet various needs of customers, including upper management, field sales, inside sales, counter sales, and business development/productivity specialists
· Schedule training programs to meet customers availability
· Deliver training appropriate for the customers’ needs and abilities
· Continuously improve training programs by incorporating application examples as well as customize training for specific customers
· Develop library of content for application solutions and product knowledge which can be shared internally as well as externally
· Attend Tradeshows/Open House as needed to promote the Magswitch line of products
· Ability to quickly absorb and understand technical information relating to Industrial markets and magnetic technology.
· Experience or ability to quickly learn ERP and CRM systems (NetSuite and Salesforce preferred)
· Ability and confidence in selling solutions and value to the customer
· Eagerness to thoroughly learn and successfully communicate the Magswitch line of products
· Ability to develop Training programs using Powerpoint/Webinars
· Strong presentation skills
· Confident phone manner
· Articulate and clear communicator
· Strong organizational and project planning skills